It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Sunday, August 17, 2014

My New Heroes!

Heaven only knows that I've been there, usually on Ryanair.  Yes, I pretty much always pack too much in my carry-on, but I've learnt over the years to carry or wear a coat with big pockets in it to take up the slack should I be required to repack (and I certainly have been asked to lighten the load more than once).

Overweight carry-on?  SOLVED!

These American guys are my new "lighten the load" heroes!  They were told that their carry-on luggage was too heavy and they'd have to sort something out when they checked in to their flight from Singapore to Sydney, or they'd have to pay $130 in additional fees.  Well, they thought on their feet and just started layering up!  Apparently the check-in agent was not at all happy with their solution, but couldn't do anything about it, and they were checked in and allowed to go through.

My cousin, Moose, had to do the same thing once at Friedrichshafen in Germany once, whilst checking in for a Ryanair flight (Ryanair are incredibly tight on their weight limits).  He layered up before he got to the airport, knowing that he was over weight limits.  All good, you might think.  But not for the security in the airport who were worried what he had on under his baggy jeans and made him strip whilst being watched by armed guards.  So, sometimes it works, sometimes it makes for a great story!

Click HERE to see one of my old blog posts on packing for Ryanair flights.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!