It's Better to Travel than Arrive?

"To travel hopefully is a better thing than to arrive"

Robert Louis Stevenson, Virginibus Puerisque, 1881.


"Robert Louis Stevenson speaks utter tosh and has

obviously never flown long haul economy class"

Kristy, first ever blog post, 2011.


Sunday, April 20, 2014

Kitchen Tip : Egg Shells



Please tell me that I'm not the only one in the world who's just learnt that the best way to pick a piece of broken egg shell out of your just cracked eggs, is to scoop it out with the big bit of egg shell that's in your hand?  I've only just read this tip, and I was baking yesterday so I got to try it out.

I was cracking raw eggs into a bowl to beat them and a little bit of egg shell fell in.  Usually, I'd get a long handled spoon and try and hook it out that way, which usually takes a while whilst I poke it around and around and it eventually decides to come out.  No more!  I tried "the egg shell tip" and scooped it out with the half egg shell that was in my hand - it came out immediately!

Thrilled!  I'm thrilled.  Really, it doesn't take much to make me happy.



2 comments:

  1. Read also that if you wet your finger it's easy to pick out stray bits of shell..... haven't tried it yet as our chooks gave decided to go on strike :-\ so I'll leave you to try out that tip and let me know ;-)
    Gill x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's obviously just me that doesn't know this tip - I'm late to the party again! Giggle.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking the time to read and comment!